Dark circles under eyes happens to just about everybody at some time or another. In some instances, these are signs of tiredness, allergies, sickness, or unfortunately heredity. If you are one of those, you might have probably been asking yourself “How do I get rid of these dark circles under eyes?” The answer might be quite a disappointment because there are no non-surgical means of totally curing the discoloration or the dark circles under eyes. The good news though, there are a lot of ways to prevent or reduce their appearance.
How to get rid of the dark circles under eyes ?
1. Power of the Cucumber – You’ve probably seen this quite a number of times being suggested as beauty regimen. Cucumber slices helps soothe irritation on the blood vessels under the eyes. Its coolness helps in reducing the puffiness, lines, and discoloration. Thinly slice cucumber and place them on top of your closed eyes. Pat it dry to prevent the juice from entering your eyes. Let it stay for ten to fifteen minutes. This is best done every day before having a good night sleep.
2. Know the Culprit – It is always best to know what causes the discoloration, especially if it’s the case of a usual allergic reaction. Determine the allergens and prevent taking it. If the dark circles under eyes is accompanied by puffiness and has been recurring for quite some time, you may probably have an allergic reaction to something you are not aware of. In case like this, seek a dermatologist’s assistance. This could be a sign of deficiency and not just an allergic reaction to something. It could also be possible symptom of Celiac Disease, a digestive disease wherein the small intestine gets damaged causing the body not to absorb the needed nutrients from the food being taken.
3. Have enough sleep – More often than not, the common cause of dark circles under your eyes is lack of sleep. Inadequacy of sleep causes the skin to look pale, which in turn causes the darkness under the eyes. Lack of sleep also reduces blood circulation. If you have sleeping disorder, it is best to have it treated. Treatment of the disorder in effect helps get rid of the dark circles under eyes.
4. Power of Tea Bags – Dip tea bags in ice cold water. Drain and wrap it in soft cloth, then place it on top of your closed eyes just like how you do it with cucumber slices. Tea bags produce the same effect as that of cucumber.
5. Skin Treatment – There are a lot of facial masques and eye creams that can be used to reduce the discoloration and puffiness. These products often have vitamin K and retinol, and extracts from herbs that can aid in reducing dark circles under eyes.